Higher education organizations require a solid financial footing. For investment committee members, time spent focused on establishing policies, understanding investment opportunities and strategic goal-setting is critical.
It’s why many organizations like yours have already made the decision to delegate day-to-day responsibilities for managing investment pools. They are partnering with investment outsourcing organizations to take advantage of their custom strategic advice, technology and resources.
As a leader in delivering OCIO services, we bring more than 25 years’ experience and an award-winning solution.
Recognized as the Top OCIO provider at the 2018 Institutional Asset Management Awards presented by FundMap, and proudly serving 180+ nonprofit clients as of 8/30/19, we bring a holistic integration to higher education asset pools like yours.
We offer an efficient process and a clear understanding of how investment decisions impact the overall organization.
As part of our program, we:
- Take responsibility for investment manager selection, monitoring and reporting
- Build goals-focused portfolios that bring some of the leading public and alternative investment managers
- Stress test decisions for impact on financial metrics and access to capital markets for private educational institutions already managing asset pools within one governance structure
- Monitor fixed income exposures and state mandated metrics for public educational institutions with separate governance for operating and endowed assets
The infrastructure to support you
We understand the unique needs of educational institutions. Our infrastructure as an OCIO allows us to offer valuable committee support like:
- Spending policy development
- Fundraising support
- Board & committee training
- Donor marketing & communications
- Legislative & regulatory education
Working hard for our higher education clients
We keep our fingers on the pulse of best practices in the educational community, tracking trends and challenges through our primary research and active involvement in industry groups like AGB, CASE and NACUBO.
Here's how we help our higher education clients:
Enterprise risk approach to asset allocation and alternative investments, with increased access to managers and insight into how decisions impact the portfolio and organization
Education and analysis on potentially decreasing administrative fees over time
Adjusted governance process with increased transparency and streamlined decision making
Total enterprise approach, designed to ensure the health of the university’s balance sheet
We welcomed our first nonprofit client more than 25 years ago. They’re still with us today. Ask us what we can do for you.Request a digital info kit
An OCIO That Specializes in Higher Ed
This information is provided by SEI Investments Management Corporation (SIMC), a registered investment adviser and wholly owned subsidiary of SEI Investments Company.