Everyone seems to be “doing” manager research – you may have purchased a database subscription, or you’re using a consulting service, or you have in-house staff. But as new dynamics emerge, you may be experiencing:
- A need to grow, but no ability to scale
- An accumulation of managers that you’re not capable of monitoring appropriately
- An inability to add staff to keep up with asset classes
- Increasing cost pressures that call into question the value your research is actually providing
The right strategic partner can provide fiduciary oversight, bandwidth management and economies of scale. They can bolster your existing manager research capabilities, lower your manager costs and increase your team’s productivity – all while expanding your access to information about managers.
How we’re different
Our ability to identify investment managers with a recognizable, repeatable competitive advantage is one we’ve honed over 30 years. And we’ve done it not by looking in the rearview mirror, but by looking through the windshield.
We know the value of data isn’t the data itself. It’s taking that data and translating it into deep insights and actionable recommendations to guide your decision-making. We provide you with the context you need to make sense of it all.
Our managers tell us we ask the best questions – qualitative ones that require thoughtful answers – and they appreciate our extensive due diligence. And unlike consultants, we are a fiduciary, having more than $170B* invested in our recommended managers.
- Provide data points without analysis
- Have a one-size-fits-all model – our research can be as deep as you require to make smart decisions
- Provide high-quality analysis, communicating the results in a concise narrative form
- Give intellectually honest opinions, supported by an established investment process that shuns traditional style boxes.
- Deliver forward-looking, actionable insights, documenting risks as well as the investment case.
- Take a creative approach to generating new investment ideas
- Think like an investor – because we are one
- Understand your business directly – and we’re flexible enough to target your specific needs
A value-added contributor in your investment decision-making
Strategic partners have a vested interest in your success. That’s in the DNA of our 50-year history – 30 of it in investment management. It’s why, from idea generation to investment recommendations to execution, we can help you shape decision-making and business objectives. It’s a day-to-day tangible that matters.
So if your investment manager research capabilities need a boost, find out how we can help you:
- Make better decisions, with wider access to manager insights
- Grow your business, with a greater depth of coverage and without additional staff
- Free up time to focus on other value-added activities, like client relationship management and strategic business development
Create your custom solution
Together, we can help you select the most meaningful options for your needs.
Don't take our word for it. Download a sample extract and then let's have a conversation about your current situation and how we can help.
Sample extract (PDF)
*As of 12/31/17.
**Relative to eVestment database. As of 12/31/2017.
May not be representative of all managers' views of SEI. Managers may or may not be utilized in SEI's investment programs.
This material is not intended to be a forecast of future events or a guarantee of future results. This information should not be relied upon by the reader as research or investment advice and is for educational purposes only. There are risks involved with investing, including loss of principal. Information provided by SEI Investments Management Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of SEI Investments Company.