LONDON, Feb. 15, 2018 – SEI (NASDAQ:SEIC) today announced that five participants joined Codify, its London-based RegTech incubator. This newest group of companies has been selected based on their ambition to tackle technology solutions that address various compliance challenges in the financial services industry.
The selected firms include:
- Analytic Risk Technology (ART) builds stress-testing technology for banks, intermediaries and regulators. Its technology analyzes and controls the results of thousands of pieces of data for complex capital requirements.
- Cognitiv+ specializes in automated technology, utilizing deep learning and natural language for the analysis and management of contractual obligations.
- CoVi Analytics uses artificial intelligence to help banks, insurers and intermediaries simplify their assessments of complex regulations.
- Kormoon develops software designed to help firms’ manage the complexities of rules governing data privacy and protection by automating the decision-making process. Its current focus is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) implementation.
- RISE Financial Technologies offers distributed-ledger technology-based solutions to optimize the post-trading activity of traditional asset classes. RISE also develops custody and servicing solutions to make crypto-assets compliant and compatible with existing investment processes.
Commenting on the group of participants, Ahsan Mallick, General Counsel at SEI U.K. and executive sponsor of Codify, said:
“Over the past year, we have seen a growing number of start-ups experimenting with technology to help manage regulations. We have enjoyed being a part of this, collectively testing ways to modernize compliance methods and standards. We look forward to serving as mentors to these young businesses, fostering their growth, and learning new ways to integrate next-generation technology into our industry.”
Codify, which launched last April, provides participants business resources and development opportunities, including office space, mentors, access to a network of partners and customers, and the chance to formally pitch their technology solution(s) for potential investment and/or equity opportunities consideration.*
Applications are now open for entrants to join Codify in second-quarter 2018.
*SEI makes no commitment to invest or take equity from entrants.
Now in its 50th year of business, SEI (NASDAQ:SEIC) is a leading global provider of investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions that help corporations, financial institutions, financial advisors, and ultra-high-net-worth families create and manage wealth. As of December 31, 2017, through its subsidiaries and partnerships in which the company has a significant interest, SEI manages, advises or administers $861 billion in hedge, private equity, mutual fund and pooled or separately managed assets, including $337 billion in assets under management and $518 billion in client assets under administration. For more information, visit: seic.com.
Services in the U.K. are provided by SEI Investments (Europe) Limited (Reg No. 3765319), and its affiliates, which are all wholly owned subsidiaries of SEI Investments Company. SEI Investments (Europe) Ltd. Is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.