As an OCIO consultant researching providers for clients, you certainly have your work cut out for you. OCIO services can vary widely, so it’s not always easy to compare apples to apples.
With so many organizations hanging out an OCIO shingle, you have a lot of information to sift through. You were hired to make searches more productive, transparent and impartial. A dedicated resource at an OCIO provider can give you the key information you need to begin each search to help you perform an efficient provider evaluation.
What matters in an OCIO?
- Customization - Look for flexible, custom OCIO solutions specifically designed for defined contribution plans, defined benefit plans, healthcare organizations, nonprofits, unions and governments.
- Experience - You want an established program that brings scale and resources to support your clients with reduced fee potential and access to leading institutional managers.
- Timely asset allocation and manager decisions - An OCIO who invests in specialist investment professionals and continually researches managers on your behalf allows for quickly executed changes in an effort to capture market opportunities.
- Infrastructure and technology - A firm that reinvests in their people, technology and processes will help your clients succeed.
- Client experience - Look for happy clients.
Experience to save you time
While working with a dedicated resource will make it easier for you to focus on your evaluation, it’s the actual experience they bring to the table that matters. Established relationships with OCIO consultants and advisors that speak your language can bring efficiency to your process so you hit the ground running.
Here's a quick snapshot of our experience:
- 25+ years as an OCIO
- 300+ professionals supporting our institutional business
- 200+ clients have partnered with us for more than a decade as of 12/31/17
Need some help?
Are you an OCIO consultant looking for more information about our program? We have a dedicated OCIO search resource, Bruce Higginson, to help make your research process more seamless. His singular focus is to help you evaluate our OCIO program - and his extensive experience in the field can fast-track your OCIO search process.
There's a reason why we have $1.7 billion in new assets from consultant/advisor leads over the past 12 months as of 3/31/18. Bruce can give you the details.
Pensions & Investments, July, 2017. SEI ranked as the forth largest outsourcer, based on worldwide institutional outsourced assets under management.
Top OCIO Provider at the Fund Intelligence 2017 Institutional Asset Management Awards as of November 2017.
Information provided by SEI Investments Management Corporation (SIMC), a registered investment adviser and wholly owned subsidiary of SEI Investments Company.