Trustees and sponsors of defined benefit schemes across the asset-size spectrum face common challenges:
- Volatile funding levels. The past decade – which has seen two of the four worst bear markets in equities in 100 years – has played havoc with funding level volatility for pension funds. It has placed a huge emphasis on capitalising on the upside whilst mitigating downside risk. As trustees and corporate sponsor roles become more complex, flexible risk management has been given greater weight, highlighting the various tools available outside of the traditional governance model.
- Funding gaps. As deficits grow, you look to protect the interests of your scheme members. At the same time, company budgets face the looming threat of contributions. Decisions about asset allocation and de-risking, which are individual to every scheme, loom large.
- Short on people and time. As investment strategies become more complex, it can be harder for those running the scheme to monitor or change the managers involved in the fund, whilst meeting the strategic requirements necessary to navigate an increasingly volatile market. Trustee boards and pension scheme sponsors often find that investment strategy slips down the agenda.
A personalised strategic partnership
We tailor our bespoke solution to your goals and needs, allowing you to focus on your key drivers of success. This partnership helps reduce the resource strain of managing a volatile pension fund, while giving you
- Access to a global resource of investment managers
- The ability to move swiftly when making investment decisions
- The time and resources to focus on greater strategic issues