Portfolio design is all about alpha – returns in excess of a benchmark. Which makes proper portfolio design the constant search for staying power.
Our quest for long-term, excess returns across multiple markets is based on a:
- Multi-dimensional approach to portfolio construction, by combining different asset classes, geographic regions and investment styles
- Deep understanding of the drivers of risk and return as they relate to specific asset classes
- Disciplined, diligent research to evaluate potential investment managers across disciplines
We combine quantitative (data) and qualitative (trends) research to create portfolios designed to deliver long-term results in line with investor goals.
About our research
Our exhaustive research culminates in a thesis that outlines:
- Information about the strategy’s structure (multi-manager, multi-fund, etc.)
- Performance expectations
- Management structure
- Projections about how the strategy may react to different phases of the economic cycle
- The array of alpha sources
Only then do we begin to evaluate potential investment managers.
Past performance is not an indication of future performance. Investments in SEI Funds are generally medium to long-term investments. The value of an investment and any income from it can go down as well as up. Investors may get back less than the original amount invested.