We help charitable endowments achieve long-term goals.
We do this by integrating the management of assets relative to spending requirements. Our customised investment strategies are based on your specific return and liquidity requirements and our process is underpinned by our open architecture platform.
Globally, we work with over 184* charities, with over £20bn* in assets under management.
Services for charities
We provide charities with:
- Advice. We work with you to identify your long-term objectives.
- Investment management. Our scale allows us to access specialist managers from around the globe.
- Customisation. Our approach takes into account your specific objectives of risk, return and liquidity needs.
- Risk management. We work with trustees to manage risk and preserve the ability to spend from their endowments.
- ESG. Trustees receive an engagement and voting overlay service, delivered to ensure that companies respond to the expectations of shareholders, as well as other stakeholders.
- Trustee training. This ensures the suitability of our recommendations and helps identify any knowledge gaps that exist amongst board members.
- A dedicated team. We attend meetings to review the investment strategy and performance of your portfolio and discuss any changes in circumstances or requirements.
- Reporting. Our comprehensive reporting can be tailored to suits trustees’ specific needs.
Why work with us?
Charities benefit from our:
- Scale. With over 485* institutional clients globally, including more than 184* charities, we are able to provide access to managers and strategies from around the world. You also benefit from fee leverage through use of our broader assets under management (£260* billion globally) to negotiate down manager costs.
- Focus and accountability. Our UK team is dedicated to delivering investment solutions to more than 60 domestic institutional clients. Our heritage and expertise in providing outsourced investment solutions to large institutional investors can also help your charity evolve the investment strategy over time.
- Open architecture. A crucial component to achieving your objectives is a diversified, risk-managed portfolio that is continuously monitored by experts who serve as an extension of your Committee. That's why it's so important to have a system not tied to the use of specific products or managers. As an adviser and multi-manager, we'll help you navigate the vast array of investment strategies, managers and products to build, monitor and manage the appropriate portfolio to meet your goals.
More In OCIO for Charities
*Source: SEI 3rd Quarter Earnings Release 2018. As at 30 Sept 2018, with an exchange rate of 1 USD to 0.76728 GBP.