Areas of Expertise
- Global strategy and company growth
- Innovative leadership
- Civic commitment
- Innovation in technology
Alfred P. West, Jr. is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of SEI, the Oaks, Pennsylvania-based financial services company he founded in 1968.
Al, who is a native Floridian, received his Bachelor of Science in aerospace engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology, and a Master of Business Administration from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
He is Chairman of the Washington-based American Business Conference; a member of the Georgia Tech Foundation; and Chairman of the Board of WestBridge, a private non-profit organisation supporting the recovery of those with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders.
Recent Awards and Recognition:
- Recognised as one of the 30 most influential people in and around the independent advice business by Investment Advisor's "Thirty for Thirty" in 2010
- Honoured by Strategic Insight in 2011 as one of the 60 most influential "Visionaries of the Modern Era of the Mutual Fund Industry"
- Winner of the Tiburon Strategic Advisors' "Tiburon CEO Summit Award" in 2012
- Named the 59th "Business Leader of the Year" by Drexel University's LeBow College of Business in 2013
- Honoured alongside daughter Paige West in 2014 by The Arts & Business Council of Greater Philadelphia with the "G. Fred DiBona, Jr. Leadership Award"
- Received the distinction of "Highly Commended" in the "Lifetime Achievement" award category by Family Wealth in 2014
- Named 2014's "Most Admired CEO" in the "banking and finance" category by the Philadelphia Business Journal
- Received EY's "National Entrepreneur of the Year Award" in 2015 for the Financial Services sector
- Named one of Philadelphia's "Power 76" in 2016 by the Philadelphia Business Journal, celebrating the most innovative and transformative leaders in the region
- Named a "Most Admired CEO" by the Philadelphia Business Journal in 2018
- Received the "Lifetime Achievement Award" at the 2019 Family Wealth Report Awards