Portfolio design is all about alpha – returns in excess of a benchmark.
Our quest for long-term, excess returns across multiple markets is based on a:
- A multi-dimensional approach to portfolio construction, by combining different asset classes, geographic regions and investment styles
- A deep understanding of the drivers of risk and return as they relate to specific asset classes
- Diligent research to evaluate potential investment managers across disciplines
We combine quantitative and qualitative research to create portfolios designed to deliver long-term results in line with investor goals.
About our research
Our exhaustive research culminates in a thesis that outlines:
- Information about the strategy’s structure (multi-manager, multi-fund, etc.)
- Performance expectations
- Management structure
- Projections about how the strategy may react to different phases of the economic cycle
- The array of alpha sources
Only then do we begin to evaluate potential investment managers.