Our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Statement
At SEI, we believe that our business should be conducted in a manner that achieves sustainable growth and demonstrates a commitment to corporate social responsibility (CSR). We expect all employees to act responsibly, ethically and with integrity in our dealings with each other, our customers and the community as a whole. Our 2019 CSR Report provides further detail.
We are proud to be a signatory to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI), and we aspire to implement the six principles where consistent with our fiduciary responsibilities. To that end, our employees will, to the best of our ability:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations
- Adhere to the highest standards of conduct in all of our business practices
- Conduct our business dealings to the highest standard of honesty, integrity, fairness and respect
- Invest in a diverse workforce, provide a supportive work environment and take reasonable and practical steps to protect the health and well-being of our workforce
- Collaborate with our clients and endeavor to accommodate their environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives and policies
- Consider ESG factors in our due diligence of business partners, both our investment sub-advisers and vendors
- Integrate consideration of ESG factors into our investment decision-making process
- Engage in constructive dialogue, as appropriate, on ESG issues with companies whose securities are prominently held within the SEI Funds
- Empower a Sustainable Investment Committee to coordinate and promote our sustainability efforts across our company
- Support the local communities in which we operate by acting responsibly and ethically, and by encouraging our workforce to participate in local charitable and volunteer activities
- Promote this policy, other ESG-related information and internal ESG and CSR initiatives to our employee base
- Report our progress on ESG initiatives annually to the UN PRI
- Evaluate implementation of our ESG initiatives as an evolving initiative
A culture of inclusion and diversity
We’re committed to our global communities, and our devotion to helping others is at the core of our culture. SEI and its employees support various affinity groups that uphold these ideals. We’ve been recognized for our efforts in inclusion and diversity, women in business, philanthropy, leadership and innovation.
Our employee-led, global, philanthropic organization sponsors volunteer opportunities and awareness events. In 2017, SEI employees contributed 8,500 hours of service in volunteer activities.
Established in 2001, our SEI Cares Fund is an employee contribution fund that in 2017, donated $542,500 in grants to our partner organizations, including animal rights, community services, economically disadvantaged children and adults, environmental causes, and health services.
This team globally supports our mission to attract, develop and retain employees from diverse backgrounds. They educate employees about cultural sensitivities and differences that arise from changing workforce demographics, and help cultivate an environment that both attracts and retains employees from diverse backgrounds through various events and programs.
SEI Green Team
Environmental improvements foster a sustainable future and lead to social and economic advancements. Our SEI Green Team aims to share information with employees to raise awareness of the impacts in the community and workplace, develop solutions to minimize our global footprint and promote the purchase and consumption of environmentally sound products.
We’re committed to providing a safe, engaging environment that encourages the recruitment and retention of veterans and military personnel. SEI Salutes strives to support veterans and their families while transitioning from military service to civilian life, help employees with military backgrounds apply skills, traits and values to enhance our diverse workplace, and increase knowledge and awareness of our employee veterans and family members.
SEI Women’s Network
Founded in 2007, the SEI Women’s Network seeks to inspire and support the professional growth of women. It’s led by a board of 17 women, who average 19 years of work experience. The team globally provides educational forums and hosts networking opportunities, including an annual Women’s Leadership Summit.
SEI Wellness Team
This team globally promotes employees’ physical, financial and social well-being by providing healthy recipes and lifestyle advice, encouraging physical fitness through our fitness center and on-campus classes, helping employees navigate common workplace problems and offering group sessions on topics such as financial wellness and stability and estate planning.